A little clarification*
December 10, 2010 § Leave a comment
So a few posts ago, I talked about not caring. This apparently upset a few people. Which I think is stupid. Anyway, this is what that post was meant to convey.
1. I used to allow myself to care to much about people, and the events in their lives.
2. I tried way to hard to help/fix these people and I had a nervous breakdown
3. I used to get taken advantage of because of my willingness to listen
4. I was much to unstable.
So this whole “I don’t care thing” isn’t me saying I don’t care about anybody. It’s basically me saying I won’t put up with people doing the following things.
1. I will not be talked down to.
2. I will not be made to feel like I am a lesser person.
3. I will not say “I’m wrong” or “I’m sorry” to simply solve an argument.
4. If I have tried to give you advice, and you have never once taken it. I will stop giving it. So don’t come to me when your world caves in.
So yes, I have grown harder. But I don’t think that I’ve grown cold, arrogant, or self centered. I have simply become smarter.
I used to be such a people pleaser. I would try to bend over backwards to make sure the person I was trying to win over was happy with me. I used to give way to much of myself to people too quickly and that is done. Has been for a while.
Tour was one of the best things that could have happened to me. It taught me to be cautious. It taught me to have thicker skin. It made me re-evaluate my life and who’s in it.
Ya, I know this might be a tough pill to swallow for some people. You may have gotten to know me when I still tried to impress people. When I didn’t know who I really was. If you can’t accept this transformation, then to bad I guess.